For those who’re the mum or dad of a teething child or toddler, these wholesome home made teething biscuits are your new finest good friend. They’re really easy to make with a only a handful of components!
Are Teething Biscuits Wholesome?
Teething biscuits are designed to be chewed on by infants to assist alleviate the discomfort of teething. They’re often made with delicate, simply digestible components corresponding to wheat flour, rice flour, and oats. Though not an alternative choice to nutritious meals and snacks, they could be a wholesome a part of your child’s weight loss plan.
Dad and mom and caregivers ought to supervise infants whereas they’re consuming teething biscuits and keep away from giving them to very younger infants who could not but have the flexibility to chew stable meals safely. Teething biscuits can even pose a choking hazard in the event that they break into small items, so it is very important be sure that the biscuit is delicate sufficient to be simply chewed and that the child will not be left alone whereas consuming it.
Nevertheless, these model new, stunning child tooth can wreak havoc on their gums.. and teething biscuits could be a lifesaver relating to soothing sore little mouths! Many teething biscuits in the marketplace are both somewhat over-priced or had some additional components I didn’t essentially need, like sugar, salt, or dairy milk.
I realized rapidly how simple it’s to make my very own. These wholesome home made teething biscuits are transportable and you may make a batch and freeze them forward of time, which is nice for when a tooth unexpectedly begins poking by. I like these as a result of there are solely 3 major components, and you’ll add totally different flavorings to maintain issues fascinating. They’re delicate sufficient to chew with out hurting a sore mouth, however can stand as much as loads of drool!
Substances for Do-it-yourself Teething Biscuits:
- Oats– you’ll want to use common rolled oats
- Banana– a ripe banana works finest. It’s going to puree higher and add sweetness.
- Coconut Oil– that is used as a binding agent, and offers the biscuits a creamier texture. Coconut oil can be believed to have soothing and pain-relieving properties.
- Cinnamon– for taste; this ingredient is non-compulsory.
- Vanilla Extract– additionally for taste. You possibly can mess around with the seasonings!
How To Make Do-it-yourself Teething Biscuits:
- Mix the oats right into a high-quality powder utilizing a meals processor.
- Add banana, coconut oil, cinnamon and vanilla (or another taste mixture you might be utilizing). Pulse till the entire components come collectively right into a dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls. Form each bit right into a rounded, baton formed biscuit roughly 1-inch thick and 4-inches lengthy. Make certain there are not any sharp edges!
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 levels for 10 minutes. Flip every biscuit and proceed baking for a further 5-10 minutes or till the perimeters are golden and the middle is about however not too crunchy.
- Cool utterly earlier than serving. Retailer within the freezer or at room temperature in an hermetic container.
Notes on the recipe:
- For one of the best oat flour… To make oat flour, you merely measure out the oats after which puree them in a blender or meals processor. The finer you mix the oats, the extra clean your remaining texture will probably be within the teething biscuits.
- Change up the flavour! These are pretty bland as is. My kids favored them plain like this, however generally we’d add a pinch of cinnamon, ginger, or nutmeg, or 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract to the recipe. It’s also possible to add 1 Tbsp uncooked cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder to the recipe. For a savory model, you need to use olive oil as a substitute of the coconut oil and add in some spices and recent or dried herbs. Begin small and work your manner up!
- Select the precise form. I can get about 12 teething biscuits out of this recipe. You need them to be a number of inches lengthy (lengthy sufficient to your baby to carry onto them) and pretty skinny. Please be certain you spherical out the corners, as sore little mouths received’t need any sharp edges poking their gums!
Extra Child-Pleasant Recipes To Strive:
Preheat oven to 350 levels. Put together a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a meals processor (or blender), mix the oats into a really high-quality powder.
Add banana and coconut oil (and any vanilla or spices it’s possible you’ll be utilizing) to the blender and puree till combination comes collectively in a dough.
If the dough may be very sticky to deal with, you possibly can pat somewhat flour (gluten free or wheat flour) onto the outside of the ball to make it simpler to deal with. If the dough is just too dry, you possibly can add somewhat further coconut oil.
Divide the dough into 12 balls or sections. Pat out every ball into somewhat baton about 4 inches lengthy and 1 to 1 1/2 inches vast, and about 1/4 inch thick. Spherical the perimeters of every baton along with your fingers so there are not any sharp edges.
(Alternatively, you possibly can roll the complete dough ball out right into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick and slice it into 12 rectangles. Around the corners of every rectangle and make the shapes roughly even. I’ve discovered that shaping every baton works higher for me than rolling and slicing, however you are able to do what works finest for you).
Place evenly on a baking sheet in order that not one of the batons are touching. Bake at 350 levels for 10 minutes. Flip and cook dinner one other 5-10 minutes, or till the perimeters are golden and the facilities are set however not too crunchy.
Permit to chill utterly. Retailer in an hermetic container at room temperature, within the fridge, or the freezer.
Energy: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 3g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will see a lot of scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and turn out to be intuitive eaters and plenty of sources for feeding your loved ones.
Be taught Extra about Natalie