Our Do-it-yourself Protein Bars are made with oats, peanut butter and a drizzle of chocolate.. they’re straightforward to make and are a scrumptious, wholesome, and satisfying snack that may simply turn out to be a favourite for the entire household!
Why You might be Going to Love our Do-it-yourself Protein Bars
There are a number of respectable protein bars accessible in the marketplace right this moment. However they are often costly, and I like having management over the components that I’m feeding my household. Plus- making your personal protein bars is very easy! Not solely that, however we have now tried a LOT of various protein bars over time.. and these are arms down our favourite. We hold a batch within the fridge always. They’re excellent for an after faculty or on-the-go snack earlier than sports activities apply.
You solely want a handful of components to make these tasty little bars. The chocolate drizzle makes them rather more interesting to my kiddos, however they’re additionally scrumptious with out it. Customise them nonetheless you want! I used peanut butter for my bars, however you need to use no matter nut butter you’ve got in the home or no matter works for your loved ones’s allergy symptoms.
Substances for Do-it-yourself Protein Bars:
- Oats– We use common rolled oats. Oats are filling, nutrient-dense, and a fantastic supply of fiber.
- Vanilla Protein Powder– Protein powder is a superb, straightforward means so as to add protein to home made protein bars. We like this one.
- Crisp Rice Cereal– provides nice texture to the bars. Puffed rice works nice too!
- Peanut Butter– peanut butter is crucial for binding these bars collectively. Any nut butter will work right here!
- Honey– that is our favourite sweetener for these bars. We haven’t tried another, however I’m certain pure maple syrup would make a very good substitute.
- Vanilla Extract– completely optionally available, however boosts the yummy vanilla taste.
- Coconut Oil– coconut oil provides nice taste and texture and helps maintain the bars collectively.
- Chocolate Chips– we at all times use darkish or semi-sweet chocolate.
Tips on how to Make Do-it-yourself Protein Bars
- Put the oats in a blender or meals processor. Mix till it resembles a rough flour.
- Add the oats to a bowl together with the protein powder and crispy rice; stir to mix.
- Warmth the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium-low warmth till mixed. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour the peanut butter combination over the oat combination. Stir.
- Press the combination firmly right into a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Soften the chocolate; drizzle over the bars.
- Chill within the fridge for at the very least half-hour earlier than reducing into bars.
- Retailer within the fridge.
I’ve two ideas for this recipe… ONE: If the combination appears a bit dry, add in a bit extra of your nut butter. Every nut butter has a distinct moisture stage so chances are you’ll want so as to add a tablespoon further to maintain the bars from crumbling aside. TWO: Press the bars into the pan firmly! That is what retains them collectively so pack them down. You don’t must be Iron Man, however be sure to don’t simply give it a pat and transfer on. Even let the kiddos assist!
If the combination appears a bit dry, add in a bit extra of your nut butter. Every nut butter has a distinct moisture stage so chances are you’ll want so as to add a tablespoon further to maintain the bars from crumbling aside.
Press the bars into the pan firmly! That is what retains them collectively so pack them down. You don’t must be Iron Man, however be sure to don’t simply give it a pat and transfer on. Even let the kiddos assist!
You may lower these into any form you need. The loaf pan makes excellent sized bars for youths! However the little squares are excellent for the youthful ones.
Tips on how to Retailer Do-it-yourself Protein Bars:
It would be best to retailer these protein bars in an hermetic container within the fridge to take care of freshness, maintain their form, and keep good and chewy. They’ll keep recent for about one month.. in the event that they final that lengthy!
Extra Wholesome Snack Recipes for Children:
Line and eight×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Put aside.
Add oats to a excessive velocity blender and mix till the oats have became flour.
In a big bowl, add oat flour, protein powder and crispy rice cereal.
In a small saucepan add peanut butter, honey and coconut oil. Soften collectively over medium/low warmth and stir till mixed, then add vanilla extract.
Pour peanut butter/honey into dry components and stir. Pour combination into your ready pan and press firmly into the underside till unfold evenly.
Soften chocolate chips within the microwave. If the chocolate is simply too thick to drizzle, you’ll be able to add 1 tsp of melted coconut oil to skinny it out. Drizzle on high of your bars.
Let cool in fridge for at the very least 25 minutes after which lower into bars or squares! Retailer within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 2 weeks.
Energy: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 78IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you can find plenty of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and turn out to be intuitive eaters and plenty of assets for feeding your loved ones.
Be taught Extra about Natalie