Candy Potato Pie Recipe – Tremendous Wholesome Youngsters
This comprised of scratch model of Candy Potato Pie has a deliciously crunchy coconut oat crust, full of a easy and creamy candy potato filling bursting with heat Fall spices. It’s a should serve at your Thanksgiving gatherings.
Candy Potato Pie Love
As a child I by no means actually preferred pumpkin pie. Perhaps it’s as a result of I by chance stepped in ours one 12 months (true story), but it surely was all the time my least favourite on the pie desk. Pumpkin cookies and bread had been favorites, however one thing about pumpkin pie didn’t strike me.
One 12 months I used to be serving to plan and make vacation pies and I made a decision to strive candy potato pie out. My hope was to make one thing that will appease all of the pumpkin pie lovers and possibly even be one thing I would love. And it labored! The candy potato pie was an enormous hit.
Substances Wanted to Make Candy Potato Pie
- Oats: Fast oats and quaint oats each work for this recipe since you pulse them.
- Flour: All-purpose flour
- Coconut Flakes: You should use unsweetened or sweetened relying on how candy you need your crust.
- Brown Sugar: Gentle brown sugar is one of the best for this crust.
- Coconut Oil: Offers this crust a crunchy texture and scrumptious taste.
- Candy Potatoes: True candy potatoes with orange flesh and a rosy brown pores and skin
- Brown Sugar: Gentle brown sugar
- Coconut Milk: Full fats coconut milk from a can
- Flour: All-purpose flour
Find out how to Make Candy Potato Pie
Find out how to Make Oat Crust:
If you realize individuals who don’t love conventional pie crust, that is positively the crust recipe for you!
- Step one is to pulse the elements for the crust in a meals processor.
- Add the coconut oil and pulse till blended.
- Press the combination right into a greased pie pan and press till it covers the underside and sides.
- Place within the fridge when you make the filling.
Find out how to Make the Filling for Candy Potato Pie
- You’ll want your candy potatoes pre-cooked. You’ll be able to both prepare dinner them the day earlier than or begin baking them earlier than you’re employed on the crust. Both means, I cooked mine by pricking, wrapping in tin foil, and baking for about 50 minutes at 425* F.
- As soon as cooked, enable to chill or run underneath chilly water till you may contact them. Peel off the candy potato skins along with your fingers – they need to come off actually simply.
- In a big mixing bowl or stand mixer, mix all of the filling elements: skinned candy potatoes, cinnamon, brown sugar, 2 eggs, coconut milk, and a couple of tablespoons of flour. Beat till nicely mixed, ensuring that no clumps of candy potato stay. Pour the filling into your pie crust and easy the highest.
- Bake at 375* F 50-60 minutes or till the crust is evenly browned and the center is about. If the center doesn’t look set however the crust is getting too brown, place a sheet of tin foil on prime. This prevents burning whereas permitting the center to prepare dinner.
What Goes Into Conventional Candy Potato Pie?
Conventional candy potato pie has extra of a custard kind filling. Egg yolks are an essential ingredient for making all the pieces bind collectively and giving the filling that custard texture. My model has eggs and so is certainly thick like a custard.
How Do You Retailer Candy Potato Pie?
As a result of candy potato pie has eggs in it, you shouldn’t go away it at room temperature for longer than 2 hours. After 2 hours, transfer it to the fridge and canopy it. It should keep good saved within the fridge coated for as much as 5 days.
Ought to Candy Potato Pie be Served Heat or Chilly?
That is largely as much as choice. You’ll be able to serve it chilled proper out of the fridge with a dollop of chilly whip cream, or you may serve it at room temperature as nicely. Should you want your pie heat, you may warmth it up and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Suggestions and Questions on Making Candy Potato Pie
You should use different strategies for cooking your candy potatoes, however baking them concentrates the pure sweetness and taste making the filling far more wealthy and flavorful with out including a ton of additional sugar.
The crust is vegan, however the filling accommodates eggs. If you’re desirous to make this vegan, you may omit the eggs and add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch if you find yourself mixing the filling for thickness.
Sure, you may change the coconut oil for butter within the crust in equal quantities.
Extra Favourite Candy Potato Recipes
- 3 medium candy potatoes 2 cups mashed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 massive eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon flour all-purpose
In a meals processor, pulse the oats, flour, coconut flakes, and salt till coarsely floor. Add the coconut oil and pulse till blended in.
Grease a 9-inch deep-dish pie dish. Press the crust into the dish in order that it covers the underside and sides evenly. Crimp the sides with fingers or a fork. Place within the fridge till able to fill.
Preheat oven to 375°F. As soon as candy potatoes are baked, enable them to chill or run them underneath chilly water till cool sufficient to deal with. Peel off candy potato pores and skin along with your fingers, and add to a big bowl. Beat them with a mixer till easy.
Add in cinnamon, eggs, brown sugar, coconut milk, and flour. Combine nicely, till no candy potato clumps stay and all elements are nicely included. Pour into pie crust and easy the highest.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, or till a toothpick comes out clear from the filling and the crust is browned. If the crust is finished earlier than the filling is finished, place a chunk of tin foil evenly excessive of the pie to forestall burning.
Permit to chill earlier than serving. High with whipped cream and further cinnamon.
Energy: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 22g | Saturated Fats: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Trans Fats: 0.01g | Ldl cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 222mg | Potassium: 479mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 12092IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 3mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will see plenty of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your children to eat higher and turn into intuitive eaters and many assets for feeding your loved ones.
Be taught Extra about Natalie