This Candy Potato Breakfast Casserole is filled with veggies, Italian sausage, cheese, tomatoes and candy potatoes. It’s a wholesome, satisfying, and scrumptious meal for these breakfast for dinner nights!
Why we actually love this Candy Potato Breakfast Casserole:
One in all my favourite issues about casserole recipes is that the whole lot you want for an entire meal is packed into one dish. After a little bit of prep work, you throw it within the oven and your work is finished till chow time! This Candy Potato Breakfast Casserole isn’t any exception. Whereas it does take a little bit of time to cut the veggies and prepare dinner the candy potatoes and sausage, it’s nonetheless one of many best dinners I make. As a result of this specific casserole makes an look at our dinner desk way more usually than our breakfast desk! It’s so savory and filling, and filled with good for you components.
The candy potato provides only a little bit of sweetness that balances the spicy sausage to perfection. You should use common potatoes, however belief me right here. Candy potatoes are the best way to go. However this can be a very forgiving recipe, so be happy to modify up no matter protein or veggies you favor. Or play with the flavour by including contemporary herbs!
Straightforward, scrumptious, wholesome, and filling… are you able to see why we like it a lot?
Components for Candy Potato Breakfast Casserole:
- candy potato– brings only a trace of sweetness to this savory dish
- sausage– we used bulk Italian sausage, however you could possibly use scorching sausage, bacon, or depart it out fully for a vegetarian dish
- onion– we like candy onions
- bell peppers– we used crimson and inexperienced, however any bell peppers will work
- mushrooms– we used button mushrooms
- salt & pepper– to reinforce the flavour
- spinach– we use child spinach, however kale could be yummy too!
- tomatoes– cherry or grape tomatoes work greatest right here
- eggs– you may add further eggs to extend the quantity of servings
- milk– we used 2%
- mozzarella cheese– virtually any cheese will work right here. Don’t use pre-shredded cheese, it doesn’t soften practically as properly
Find out how to Make Candy Potato Breakfast Casserole:
- Chop candy potatoes, onion, bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Saute the candy potatoes in a scorching skillet with oil till browned and virtually tender.
- Take away the candy potatoes from the skillet and put aside.
- Add the sausage to the pan and prepare dinner, breaking it up because it browns. When it’s virtually achieved, add the chopped onion. Cook dinner and stir for two minutes, then add the bell peppers, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Stir within the spinach.
- Pour the combination right into a greased casserole dish.
- Slice tomatoes in half and add them to the dish.
- Whisk collectively the eggs and milk. Pour over the casserole and prime with grated cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or till set and evenly browned.
- Serve and revel in!
Suggestions for Candy Potato Breakfast Casserole:
Sure! Lower your leftover casserole into serving sizes. Wrap every bit individually in foil or plastic wrap and place in a freezer storage bag. They are going to last as long as 2 months and make an awesome fast breakfast choice!
Completely! You too can use frozen hashbrowns to hurry up prep time.
What I like about casserole recipes is that they’re so adaptable! Use (or pass over) any veggies you need! That is our favourite mixture, however be happy to be inventive and give you your personal!
One in all my favourite issues about breakfast casserole is that it just about has the whole lot you want, proper in a single dish! Nevertheless, muffins go beautiful with this savory casserole. Or, serve it with a fruit smoothie. It additionally makes an awesome addition to a brunch unfold.
Extra Scrumptious Breakfast Casserole Recipes:
- 1 massive candy potato
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounce italian sausage, floor
- 1/2 medium onion, crimson
- 1 medium crimson bell pepper
- 1 medium inexperienced bell pepper
- 1 1/4 cup white mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 10 massive eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375 levels and spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
Peel and cube your candy potato into small cubes. Add olive oil to a big skillet over medium warmth; as soon as scorching, add candy potato cubes. Cook dinner, stirring sometimes, till virtually tender.
Whereas potatoes prepare dinner, chop the onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms.
Take away cooked candy potatoes from pan and put aside.
Add floor sausage to pan and use a picket spoon to interrupt up the meat whereas it browns. As soon as it’s virtually cooked, add chopped onion. Stir and let prepare dinner for two minutes, then add bell peppers, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
Let prepare dinner for about 3 minutes after which take away from warmth. Stir in roughly chopped spinach, then dump into ready pan and unfold out evenly.
Halve cherry tomatoes and add to pan.
In a bowl, add eggs and milk; whisk to mix. Pour over casserole and prime with grated mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 45 minutes and serve heat.
Energy: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 14g | Fats: 16g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 6g | Trans Fats: 0.03g | Ldl cholesterol: 212mg | Sodium: 571mg | Potassium: 423mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6240IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 2mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will see that a lot of scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your children to eat higher and turn out to be intuitive eaters and many assets for feeding your loved ones.
Be taught Extra about Natalie