Andouille Sausage Cajun Pasta – Foodness Gracious
Cajun pasta loaded with slices of andouille sausage cooked in a creamy, tacky Bourbon pepper jack sauce with penne pasta added to make a simple one pan dinner for the entire household.
Making dinner and utilizing just one pan is all the time a bonus! Much less dishes to clean and fewer cooking to focus on make for a simple weeknight dinner. This Cajun pasta with andouille sausage, Bourbon, peppers and onions must be on an everyday rotation. That’s proper, I did say Bourbon! The peppers, onions and spices are the bottom for this recipe and decreasing them down with Bourbon not solely provides superb taste, it additionally retains in keeping with nice southern substances.
Suggestions for making this tasty Cajun pasta
- You can also make this recipe much less spicy by substituting the pepper jack cheese fo sharp white cheddar.
- Ensure to cut back the Bourbon till all the liquid is nearly gone.
- To reheat any leftovers, add a splash of milk to the pan and heat the pasta over a low warmth stirring till the sauce turns into creamy once more.
- You should utilize any Creole seasoning however one in all my favorites is Tony Chachere’s.
- This recipe will feed 4 folks.
FAQ’s about making this recipe
No, heavy cream has the next butterfat content material which can thicken the sauce correctly.
You possibly can however the sauce could break up due to the extraordinary warmth. It’s finest so as to add some milk to a pan with the pasta and warmth over a low warmth till creamy once more.
That’s okay, you possibly can simply use shrimp, scallops, hen or pork.
You possibly can freeze it for as much as one month in a sealed Tupperware or different plastic container.
extra nice pasta recipes for you
Andouille Sausage Cajun Pasta
A deliciously creamy and wealthy Cajun pasta with andouille sausage.
- 2 cups dried penne pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 inexperienced bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp Bourbon
- 1 13.5oz andouille sausage, reduce into slices
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups grated pepper jack cheese
- contemporary chopped parsley for garnishing (elective)
Carry a pot of water to a boil and cook dinner the pasta as directed on the packet, drain and put aside.
In a big skillet, soften the butter and add the onion. Sauce for 2-3 minutes.
Add the diced pepper, garlic, spices and Bourbon.
Carry to a lightweight simmer and scale back the Bourbon till its nearly all gone.
Add the sausage and cream and stir.
Simmer for about 5 minutes on a medium warmth and the sauce begins to thicken.
Add the cooked pasta and stir effectively.
Add the cheese and simmer till melted and easy.
Garnish with chopped parsley and serve directly.